Painter, illustrator, author, producer and inventor Gary Baseman is one of today’s most prominent and multi-faceted Los Angeles-based visual artists. From his early works as an illustrator (The New Yorker, Time, and Rolling Stone) and his Emmy and BAFTA award-winning animation series (“Teacher’s Pet” for ABC/Disney), to his designer toys, paintings, performances, videos, and photographs, Baseman’s work explores the human condition and the complexity of relationships, family, and history.
- Copious amount of information to be reorganized and categorized
- Legacy web site lacked visual impact with no clear brand message
- Outdated shopping experience for users
- New site architecture that greatly improved user experience
- Clear visual style that resonated with Gary’s aesthetic sensibilities
- Optimized brand guide that made it easy for buyers to visualize Gary’s style on everyday items
- Improved web site SEO, page speed and performance
We were honored to work with Epic Rights Licensing to re-design and launch The Official Gary Baseman website that beautifully displayed his artwork utilizing large scrollable images along with an integrated shopping cart so Gary’s fans could seamlessly purchase his products. We worked with closely with Gary to create an environment that matched his brand. Including bold colorful backgrounds and large imagery that helps site visitors understand the breadth of his work. We also created a different look for his licensed character pages keeping the two entities separate, yet with common elements.
We worked again in conjunction with Epic Rights Licensing to create a brand inspiration guide based on Baseman’s art. The guide was designed to provide inspiration to potential product licensees in the categories of Men’s and Women’s Fashion, Housewares and Personal Care Products.
- Website Design and Development
- E-commerce Shopping Cart
- Brand Inspiration Guide Design
- Photoshop Product Mock-ups