Shade Redondo Beach
A TALE OF TWO CITIES.
Shade Hotel Manhattan Beach is the first luxury boutique hotel in this charming beach community. Condé Nast Traveler listed Shade as the #6 reason to visit Los Angeles, and Manhattan Beach as LA’s newest hip corner.
When visionary owner and restaurateur Michael Zislis added another property to its roster in nearby Redondo Beach, The Graphic Element was invited to help develop a branding strategy for its new flagship restaurant and to redesign their hospitality web portal.
MADE IN THE SHADE.
Shade Hotel Redondo Beach, located on the Redondo Beach King Harbor waterfront, is a warm, contemporary California hotel, delighting guests with upscale beach hospitality and stunning harbor sunset views.
- Support the Zislis vision with an emerging brand extension strategy
- Analyze the existing restaurants and hotels on the waterfront
- Create a two location web site while one hotel was still under construction
Unique to Shade Hotel Redondo Beach, and adjacent to the hotel, is a multi-level culinary and events building. It was our primary task to name and brand the anchor restaurant, as well as, continue the positioning by naming each level in the building: Sea Level, Horizon and Sky, and coining the double entendre tagline, An experience on every level.
The second phase was the creative design of all the brand assets for the restaurant: logo, signage and menus, as well as other branding opportunities in the hotel like key cards and a leather-bound room directory guide.
- Stylish assets that support the brand’s core mission and values
- Branded hospitality web portal that enhanced user experience with an easy to navigate event planner, room and dining reservation systems
Each stage of the project had its unique challenges and lessons learned. We had such a great time working with the Zislis Group, and as always are quite honored to have been chosen to work in such a beautiful location.
- Competitive Analysis
- Restaurant Branding Strategy
- Naming of the Restaurant and Culinary Building Levels
- Logo Design
- Signage Design
- Website Design
- Menu Design